City of Industry, CA
Do you want to be part of a world class medical device manufacturing company? Do you want to be part of an established, growing corporation? Do you want to be part of an organization that rewards hard work with great compensation, benefits and plenty of promotion opportunity? No lay offs with this company as it boasts record profits.
Our client was named as one of Fortune Magazine's "100 Best Companies to Work for in America" for 8 out of 10 years. This client is on the cutting edge of products and therapies.
Seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer for the following role:
Provides support for manufacturing methods and processes for assigned product lines. Maintains Manufacturing Process planning documentation and insures the accuracy of labor standards. Initiates improvements in current manufacturing methods and processes to improve part quality, schedule performance and to reduce manufacturing costs.
- Provides on-going support for all assigned product lines.
- Initiates drawing changes with the product design engineer to improve manufacturing quality to reduce costs.
- Provides technical support to personnel and suppliers by interpreting product drawings, initiating the development of manufacturing drawings and resolving technical production problems.
- Responsible for the investigation of CRF’s (Change Request Forms) received in the Manufacturing Engineering department, their rejection or approval, development and implementation of any process changes and proper documentation of any such changes.
- Makes appropriate changes in manufacturing methods, processes and Manufacturing Process Planning documentation when dictated by engineering drawing changes and documents all changes through the Manufacturing Engineering change control system.
- Resolves technical production problems on assigned product lines in machining, metal finishing and assembly operations working with shop employees and quality personnel.
Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing engineering or related engineering field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering experience.
Preferred experiences: foundry, validation, injection molding
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Good oral and written communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Microsoft Word and Excel.