We have an immediate need for an Assistant Director of Nursing in Scottsdale, AZ.
The primary purpose of the Assistant Director of Nursing is to support the Director of Nursing in promoting optimal care for residents in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations, while demonstrating the Principles and Core Values that our client embraces:
- Mutual Trust and Respect
- Open Communication
- Positive Work Environment
- Continuous Improvement
- Passion for Excellence
The ADON will ensure residents receive the highest quality care in order to remain as independent as possible for as long as possible while maintaining the physical and emotional health of the residents.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Assist in the management, scheduling, evaluating, training and directing the Health Services Department
- At the direction of the DON, may interview, hire, schedule and supervise Health Services associates in accordance with company policy and delivering and participating in new hire orientation
- Responsible for the safety and health of residents ensuring that all governing regulations and community policies and procedures regarding resident care are closely monitored and executed and that all physician orders are carried out according to instructions
- Understand and comply with all Federal, State, and local regulations and all company policies and procedures concerning the department
- Assist in training, documenting and overseeing the continuing education of Health Services associates in the proper delivery of medications to residents, emergency procedures, documentation, ensuring all care staff complete all state and federal required training
- Conduct resident assessments as necessary and directed, ensuring that an initial resident assessment is completed prior to move-in and a comprehensive care plan is completed upon move-in. Provide reassessments on a regular basis as requested by the DON
- Assist in the coordination of departmental schedules to ensure adequate staffing in accordance with all company standards, policies, procedures, budgets and state/federal/local laws coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the residents’ total regimen of care
- Assist Caregivers in the their job duties and assume their activities when needed ensuring coverage of all duties during associate absences
- Monitor and assist with all personal care services provided to community residents. Ensure that appropriate documentation has been completed, including charting.
- Coordinate prescription orders and pharmacy delivery of medication as needed. Supervise central storage and delivery of medications
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for all staff, residents, and guests following established safety standards, policies and procedures coordinating special provisions for the safety of residents with special needs
- Maintain inventory of supplies needed for all care-giving duties, advising the DON when reordering is necessary
- Aid in community marketing effort through positive interactions, dress and behavior acting as liaison between the community and outside health service providers
- Make decisions concerning resident health and well-being in the absence of the DON, notifying DON or Executive Director of any serious or emergency situations immediately.
- Acts as Manager on Duty when necessary
- Display tact and friendliness when dealing with residents, associates, and guest
- Promote and lead with a spirit of teamwork and open communication
- Other duties as assigned or directed by the DON, Executive Director or designee of the Executive Director
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the work day and throughout the community.
- Ability to lift/carry up to 20 pounds and push 40 pounds.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must have completed a LVN Program
- Must possess a valid CA. LVN license.
- Nurse with geriatric experience preferred
- Current first aid certification
- Background clearances as required by government regulations
- Complete a health screening and provide negative TB test results (must be within the last 6 months or within 7 days of employment)
- Some supervisory experience preferred
- Basic math skills as required for tracking resident medications, personnel actions, budget and other financial responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to speak, write and read English
- Ability to operate standard office equipment including personal computer,
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action and to remain calm during stressful or emergency situations
- Must possess the ability and desire to minimize waste and misuse of supplies/equipment
- Ability to deal tactfully and professionally at all times with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public
If you meet the qualifications and feel that this is the right fit for you, please apply!