The Warehouse Supervisor has general responsibility for coordinating and supervising all warehouse activities on a daily basis. Under the direction of the Warehouse Manager, the Supervisor is responsible for supervising receiving, put away, picking, replenishment, quality checking, packing, shipping, kitting and assembly and other special projects.Primary Position Responsibilities:
1. Receiving and Put away: Supervise and coordinate scheduling of inbound loads, unloading of inbound shipments, carrier compliance program, quality inspection, vendor compliance and system data entry accuracy and reporting metrics.
2. Equipment: Ensure the efficient and safe operation of all material handling equipment, including conveyors, bubble wrap machines, Inst-Foam dispensers, carton sealers, dock doors, dock plates and blaer. Also ensure that computer and printers in the warehouse are properly maintained.
3. Pick-To-Light System: Supervise the order downloads, product slotting and other technical aspects.
4. Scheduling: Participate in establishing work schedules. Ensure that schedules are correctly implemented and that jobs are assigned effectively and completed properly.
5. Safety, Sanitation, Security: Maintain clean, neat and orderly work areas. Assist in maintaining the security of the warehouse. Conduct operations in a manner which promotes safety.
6. Labor Management: Supervise the operations of the warehouse work team to achieve prescribed objectives. Develop and maintain a productive work team by creating programs for hiring, training and professional development. Match the skill and background of personnel to the work required. Apply sound communication and motivational techniques, create programs to supervise, counsel and discipline subordinates. Implement an appropriate performance evaluation system for recommending promotions, wage increases and terminations. Supervise full-time employees as well as temporary labor.
7. Records: Complete all necessary records and reports in a timely and accurate manner.
8. Inventory: Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting cycle counts and the annual physical inventory.
- High School diploma
- 3-5 years experience in warehousing and supervision
- manage flexible workforce
- Kanban/JIT/ using WMS - retail or apparel doesn’t apply
- Pick to light – replenishment systems
- Proven experience in mentoring and guiding others.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work different shift hours, as required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Spanish language, both oral and written, a plus.